Intermediate 1:1 Chromebook Program
The Oconomowoc Area School District is proud to provide all students in grades 7-8 with a Chromebook for educational use at school and home. This gives our students opportunities to enhance and extend their learning through digital resources.
Receiving a Chromebook
Students will receive a Chromebook during the first weeks of school and will return the Chromebook at the end of the school year and upon leaving the school district.
Requirements to receive a Chromebook:
- Student read and signed the Nature Hill/Silver Lake Intermediate Handbook that includes Chromebook expectations and guidelines.
- Student has a signed Information Technology and Network Use Agreement on file.
- Student presented a current school ID for device checkout.
- Parents read and accepted the Chromebook Device Information and Consent form during online registration.
A Chromebook is school property and is expected to be cared for by the student. Additionally, students are expected to adhere to all intermediate school and district handbooks and policies.
Charging your Chromebook
- Bring to school fully charged every day
- Leave charger at home
- Bring to school in the padded sleeve
- Make it the last thing you put in your backpack; put it on top of your books
- When walking, place Chromebook in sleeve and hold close to your body with two hands
- Never lift or carry it by the screen
- Never place it on the floor.
Respect the value; your Chromebook is school property
- Always place on a stable surface
- Keep food and liquids away
- Avoid screen damage by not closing papers, pencils, or earbuds in your Chromebook
- Keep it clean: Use a damp microfiber cloth to wipe it down weekly, do not spray liquids onto the Chromebook
Insurance covers accidents
- it does not cover lost or stolen devices
- it does not cover intentional damage
- Personalize your Chromebook in school appropriate ways
- Change screensavers and backgrounds
- No stickers or engraving please
- Purchase optional accessories: Skins, Keyboard covers, Wireless mice, Earbuds
- It is assigned to you for your use only. Do not loan it to anyone or share your username and password.
- Secure your Chromebook when at school. Leave in your locker. Never leave it unattended.
- Lock your Chromebook by pressing + L (search + L key) when leaving it unattended for a short period of time (for ex. going to the restroom).
SLI Chromebook Care Video: