We're gearing up for the start of the 2018-19 school year and Open House for all of the OASD schools is on Tuesday, August 28th. This is a great time to visit the school, get familiar with classroom locations, meet teachers, and drop off school supplies. Open House times will be:
- OHS: 2:00-5:00 p.m.
- Intermediate Schools: 3:00-6:00 p.m.
- Elementary Schools: 4:00-7:00 p.m.
If you are looking for your child's school supply list, please visit one of these Back-to-School pages:
- Greenland Elementary School
- Ixonia Elementary School
- Meadow View Elementary School
- Park Lawn Elementary School
- Summit Elementary School
- Nature Hill Intermediate School
- Silver Lake Intermediate School
- Oconomowoc High School
The OASD Buildings & Grounds Department has several part-time custodial positions available at multiple sites. The positions are Monday-Friday, and range from 3-5 hours per day, depending on the site. Most shifts are between 4:00 - 10:00 p.m. but a few daytime shifts are available
Learn more and apply online at: https://
Please support the Oconomowoc Sports Booster Club (OSBC) and the Oconomowoc High School (OHS) Athletic Department. On Sunday, August 12, 2018, OHS athletes and coaches will visit Oconomowoc neighborhoods selling the "Cooney Card" from 4-6:30 p.m.
Cards are priced at $20.00 per card, contain many great deals and all money raised will support all athletic teams at OHS. Last year's fundraiser raised $25,000.00 and the goal is to exceed that amount for the 2018-19 school year.
How to purchase if you are not home on Sunday, August 12:
- Stop in at OHS and purchase a card in the Athletic Department
- Purchase a card at any fall home OHS football game
- OSBC will sell cards during Paddle Fest on August 18 in Oconomowoc
- Contact the OHS Athletic Department at 262-560-3111 for more information
Homecoming 2018: September 30-October 6, 2018
Homecoming Week Festivities
Sunday, September 30, 2018
- Window Painting @ 10:00 a.m. - Meet in front of Roots Coffee Shop
- OHS Main Campus & East Campus Dedication Celebration & Open House @ 1:00 p.m. - OHS East Campus
Tuesday, October 2, 2018
- OHS Varsity Soccer @ 6:30 p.m. - OHS Soccer Stadium
- OHS Varsity Volleyball @ 7:00 p.m. - OHS Fieldhouse
Wednesday, October 3, 2018
- Powder Puff Football Game @ 7:00 p.m. - OHS Rux Stadium
Thursday, October 4, 2018
- Swim Meet @ 6:00 p.m. - YMCA at Pabst Farms
Friday, October 5, 2018
- Homecoming Parade Lineup @ 4:00 p.m. - Oakwood Avenue, see attached map
- Homecoming Parade Starts @ 5:15 p.m., see attached parade route map
- Homecoming Football Game @ 7:00 p.m. - OHS Rux Stadium
Saturday, October 6, 2018
- Homecoming Dance @ 8:00-11:00 p.m. - OHS Upper Gym
Spirit Week Themes at OHS
Monday, October 1: Tie Dye
Tuesday, October 2: Hawaiian Day
Wednesday, October 3: Vine/Meme Day
Thursday, October 4: Throwback to Third Grade Day
Friday, October 5: School Spirit Day
Homecoming Parade Participation
Homecoming application forms are available through this link. Forms are due to the OHS Athletic Office by Friday, September 26, 2018. Please email completed forms to Beth Loppnow at LoppnowB@oasd.org.
Parade Safety Guidelines:
- Due to overhead electric wires, floats may not exceed 16' in height.
- NEW - PROVIDE 2 ADULTS to walk along parade route with float. Direct spectators back to the edge of the road. Candy can be handed out along the sidewalks.
- All City, County & State ordinances must be followed during the event. Any participant who violates city, county or state ordinances or creates a public safety hazard will be referred to the appropriate authorities.
- All parade vehicles/floats must be structurally sound and safely designed. The main platform must have no holes or hollow areas where someone could fall through. All standing persons must have something on which to hold (i.e. a railing, pole, handle, etc.) or they must be seated at all times.
- Two people need to be in the pulling vehicle with one being a full time spotter for the driver.
- No vehicle in the parade shall stop in route to load or unload passengers.
- No one will be permitted to ride on the roof or hood of a moving vehicle.
- Parade moves at a set pace, please follow accordingly to ensure that the parade begins and ends on time and that everyone has a safe and enjoyable time.
- Parade entries must maintain appropriate distances (one car length) from the entry in front of them. Large gaps between entries can pose a safety hazard as can following an entry too closely.
- For the safety of parade attendees, throwing items such as candy, etc., from the float or vehicle will not be permitted. You may walk along the sidewalk and hand out candy. Entries identified as throwing items risk future parade participation.
- Persons riding on floats should have proper footing/seating and should not hang any appendage over the sides of the float.
- Parade participants should not jump from or onto a float or motorized vehicle.
- Ensure that float decorations do not obscure the driver's view of the road and that drivers/operators can hear verbal instructions.
- Entry should easily travel the parade route, turn corners and fit under traffic signals.
- The height of the entry needs to fit under trees and traffic devices encountered on the parade route.
WE NEED YOU! FOOD SERVICE IS HIRING!
Are you looking for a PART-TIME JOB that works around your kid's school schedule? Do you want to have nights, weekends, holidays & summers off? Sodexo Food Service is looking for hard working talented people to become a part of the Oconomowoc Area School District Foodservice Team. We are currently looking to fill part-time positions in food service at Oconomowoc High School & Park Lawn Elementary. Shifts are Monday – Friday days, hours vary 6am-1pm, 9am-130pm, no nights, holidays or weekends. Unemployment Eligible for all time off during school closures and breaks, including summer. Food service experience helpful. Must be friendly and enjoy serving kids of all ages and be available to work over the lunch periods. Not a benefit eligible position.
To apply: Please visit www.sodexousa.jobs.com to fill out an online application or click the links below: Requisition for EZ searching: Cook #2018-19635; Cashier #2018-19631
Cook, High School, 1 open position, to apply click the link below: http://sodexo.balancetrak.com/201819635
Cashier/FSW, High School, 2 open positions, to apply click the link below: http://sodexo.balancetrak.com/201819631
Cashier & Cook, Park Lawn Elementary, 1 open position
If you have questions regarding the positions, please contact:
Director of Food & Nutrition Services
Sodexo will require a background check
Gals Institute & the Oconomowoc Area School District invites you to attend a FREE viewing of the documentary Screenagers.
Screenagers is a documentary created and directed by Delaney Ruston, a physician and film director. The film describes what it is like growing up in a tech-saturated world and the importance of balance between screen time and screen-free time. Through poignant stories, along with surprising insights from authors, psychologists, and brain scientists, Screenagers reveals how tech time impacts kids' development and offers solutions for adults who hope to empower their children to establish the right balance.
We will also explore how screen time looks different in a school setting versus free time at home. An expert panel discussion will follow the 70-minute documentary. Panelists will help your family establish balance and increase your parenting toolkit!
Students in grades 5-12 welcome to attend with parents.
Registration to attend this FREE parent event is now open.
September 12, 2018
The Oconomowoc Arts Center
641 E. Forest St., Oconomowoc
Parent Resource Fair in the OAC Lobby: 6:00 p.m.
Documentary Show Times:
About GALS Insitute LLC:
- Prevention & Healing for the Individual, Family & Adolescent.
- GALS Institute offers services and workshops for ages 5 and up, males and females. Check out galsinstitute.com for upcoming events.
- For more information about this workshop or our services contact us at email@example.com
The coloring book was created through a grant from The Imagine A Day, Courtney Bella Foundation, and a partnership with the Oconomowoc Area Historical Society & Museum.
Mark your calendars for the 1st Annual Raccoon Rally! OHS Student Council will host this pregame family carnival and community event on Friday, September 7, 2018, from 3:30-8:30 p.m. The entire community is welcome to Rux Stadium for the evening! Part of the proceeds from this event will benefit the Oconomowoc Area Foundation.
The rally features:
- Carnival games organized by various OHS clubs, teams, and area businesses
- Face painting
- Performance stage
For the OASD Elementary and Intermediate School Parents:
There is a new organization calling themselves “Oconomowoc Youth Football” and/or “Jr. Raccoons” and promoting a 3rd-6th grade football program in the area, including tackle football for students in 5th-6th grade. This program IS NOT ASSOCIATED with the Oconomowoc Area School District (OASD) or our new football partnership with the YMCA at Pabst Farms, Oconomowoc Parks & Recreation, and Oconomowoc High School (OHS) Athletics.
The OASD, is offering the state’s first fully integrated youth football program for students in grades 1-12, and we do not support any program that conflicts with our league’s structure and learning progression.
New OASD Program Structure:
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Grade - Flag football at the YMCA at Pabst Farms
- 4th, 5th, 6th Grade - Flag football at Oconomowoc Parks & Recreation
- 7th & 8th grade - Tackle football at Nature Hill or Silver Lake Intermediate Schools
To register for these programs:
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Grade –visit the YMCA at Pabst Farms, or call (262) 567-7251
- 4th, 5th, 6th Grade – visit Oconomowoc Parks & Recreation, or call (262) 569-2199
- 7th & 8th grade - tackle football at Nature Hill or Silver Lake Intermediate Schools, more information coming soon, in advance of 2018-19 athletics registration
The Oconomowoc High School Athletic Department is offering summer athletic camps for students entering grades 1 - 12. The athletic camp brochure has complete information on the grade levels for each sport, camp dates, cost, and registration information.
Camp registration is open now through the Web Store. In most cases, registration is requested by June 1, 2018, to ensure your child's spot and a camp t-shirt. Please refer to the camp brochure for specific registration information and deadlines by sport.
Oconomowoc Area School District (OASD) Summer School for grades 4K-12 will be held June 18-July 27, 2018. Oconomowoc families can visit the OASD Summer School web pages for the complete course and registration information. Grade level course brochures, step-by-step instructions for registration and the payment process are posted on the district’s website at www.oasd.org/SummerSchool.
- Online registration will be open beginning March 5, 2018, at 6 a.m. and will close March 16, 2018, at 12 p.m.
- Registration will occur through Family Access, the district’s student management software.
- Summer School classes are separated into three new brochures:
- Elementary, K4 – 3rd Grade at Greenland Elementary School
- Intermediate, 4th Grade – 8th Grade at Nature Hill Intermediate School
- High School, Grade 9-12 at OHS
- There are skills instruction, enrichment classes, and new course offerings at each of the summer schools.
- Gymnastics will be offered through the Oconomowoc Parks & Recreation. Visit their website to register for summer gymnastics: https://www.oconomowoc-wi.gov/638/Parks-Recreation-Forestry.
- The YMCA at Pabst Farms will have their Summer School Club available. Families should contact the YMCA directly at 262-567-9622 for more information or visit their website for an application: http://www.ymcaatpabstfarms.org/child-care/summer-day-camp/.
New This Year:
Payment is required at the time of registration with a credit or debit card. Due to high Summer School demand, payment must be made the same day as registration to secure your child’s place within the course or your course will be dropped. Please check back after 9 a.m. daily for class space availability.
Contact for Additional Questions:
Thank you and we look forward to serving your student this summer as part of OASD’s Summer School Program!
Oconomowoc Area School District Learners and Leaders Winter Newsletter contains the following information:
- Grades 4K-5 Move to Bridges in Mathematics
- Facilities & Construction Updates
- OASD In the News!
- Winter Sports
- OAC Upcoming Events
- OASD Upcoming Events
The open enrollment period for Wisconsin public schools is February 5 - April 30, 2018. Wisconsin's inter-district public school open enrollment program allows parents to apply for their children to attend school districts other than the one in which they live during this 7-week period.
Who May Participate?
Students in 5-year-old Kindergarten to grade 12 may apply to participate in open enrollment. Open enrollment for pre-kindergarten, 4-year-old kindergarten and early childhood education is limited. Parents should call their resident school districts to find out if their preschool-aged children qualify for open enrollment.
Open Enrollment Process
Parents interested in enrolling into the OASD can access online application forms and detailed application information through the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction website.
The Wisconsin DPI website has many resources for the open enrollment process:
NEW for the 2018-19 School Year: Part-time Open Enrollment
Beginning in the 2018-19 school year, the Wisconsin DPI is offering a part-time open enrollment program. Students enrolled in a public school in grades 9-12, may attend a public school in a nonresident school district for the purpose of taking a course offered by that nonresident district. A student may attend no more than 2 courses at any time in the nonresident district.
Part-time Public School Open Enrollment Information Brochure (English) [PDF]
Visit the Wisconsin DPI Part-time Open Enrollment website for more information or to access the application form.
Additional Information or Questions?
For more information on all of the enrollment opportunities in the OASD, visit the enrollment section of our website or call Danielle Chaviano in the OASD Student Services Department, at 262-560-2155.