Oconomowoc Area School District Learners and Leaders Winter Newsletter contains the following information:
- Grades 4K-5 Move to Bridges in Mathematics
- Facilities & Construction Updates
- OASD In the News!
- Winter Sports
- OAC Upcoming Events
- OASD Upcoming Events
Oconomowoc Area School District (OASD) Summer School for grades 4K-12 will be held June 18-July 27, 2018. Oconomowoc families can visit the OASD Summer School web pages for the complete course and registration information. Grade level course brochures, step-by-step instructions for registration and the payment process are posted on the district’s website at www.oasd.org/SummerSchool.
- Online registration will be open beginning March 5, 2018, at 6 a.m. and will close March 16, 2018, at 12 p.m.
- Registration will occur through Family Access, the district’s student management software.
- Summer School classes are separated into three new brochures:
- Elementary, K4 – 3rd Grade at Greenland Elementary School
- Intermediate, 4th Grade – 8th Grade at Nature Hill Intermediate School
- High School, Grade 9-12 at OHS
- There are skills instruction, enrichment classes, and new course offerings at each of the summer schools.
- Gymnastics will be offered through the Oconomowoc Parks & Recreation. Visit their website to register for summer gymnastics: https://www.oconomowoc-wi.gov/638/Parks-Recreation-Forestry.
- The YMCA at Pabst Farms will have their Summer School Club available. Families should contact the YMCA directly at 262-567-9622 for more information or visit their website for an application: http://www.ymcaatpabstfarms.org/child-care/summer-day-camp/.
New This Year:
Payment is required at the time of registration with a credit or debit card. Due to high Summer School demand, payment must be made the same day as registration to secure your child’s place within the course or your course will be dropped. Please check back after 9 a.m. daily for class space availability.
Contact for Additional Questions:
Thank you and we look forward to serving your student this summer as part of OASD’s Summer School Program!
The open enrollment period for Wisconsin public schools is February 5 - April 30, 2018. Wisconsin's inter-district public school open enrollment program allows parents to apply for their children to attend school districts other than the one in which they live during this 7-week period.
Who May Participate?
Students in 5-year-old Kindergarten to grade 12 may apply to participate in open enrollment. Open enrollment for pre-kindergarten, 4-year-old kindergarten and early childhood education is limited. Parents should call their resident school districts to find out if their preschool-aged children qualify for open enrollment.
Open Enrollment Process
Parents interested in enrolling into the OASD can access online application forms and detailed application information through the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction website.
The Wisconsin DPI website has many resources for the open enrollment process:
NEW for the 2018-19 School Year: Part-time Open Enrollment
Beginning in the 2018-19 school year, the Wisconsin DPI is offering a part-time open enrollment program. Students enrolled in a public school in grades 9-12, may attend a public school in a nonresident school district for the purpose of taking a course offered by that nonresident district. A student may attend no more than 2 courses at any time in the nonresident district.
Part-time Public School Open Enrollment Information Brochure (English) [PDF]
Visit the Wisconsin DPI Part-time Open Enrollment website for more information or to access the application form.
Additional Information or Questions?
For more information on all of the enrollment opportunities in the OASD, visit the enrollment section of our website or call Danielle Chaviano in the OASD Student Services Department, at 262-560-2155.
Spring Parent/Teacher conferences in the Oconomowoc Area School District will begin in February 2018 and are scheduled for multiple days at each school. Information on selecting a time slot will be coming from your school soon.
See the full 2017-18 Parent/Teacher Conference Schedule.
From: Roger J. Rindo, Ed.D.,
Superintendent of Schools
The cold weather has returned! In light of the near-term forecast, I want to remind everyone about our practice for cold weather cancellation. Our district will cancel school if there is a Wind Chill Warning with sustained wind chills at a level of 35 degrees below zero or more. As always, the decision to cancel school will be finalized as early as possible in the morning, or perhaps the evening before if possible.
Please be sure children are dressed appropriately for these cold days. Hats, boots, snow pants, warm jackets and gloves or mittens are essential for students to be able to enjoy their time going to and from school or playing outside. While I know they are not always easily convinced to do so, a gentle reminder that middle and high-school students should also dress warm in this weather! We want them to be comfortable and safe on these cold winter days.
Thank you for all you do to support our community of learners and leaders in OASD!