Meadow View Elementary
Address: W360 N7077 Brown St. Oconomowoc, WI 53066-3888
Hours: 8:40 AM to 3:40 PM
Health Room: 262-560-8003
Mission Statement - Together we value each person. We are dedicated to providing a strong foundation which fosters learning, creativity, responsibility, and respect in an innovative environment.
Meadow View is a beautiful school built on 80 acres of land. We have several unique attractions including a natural pond, hiking trails, and a native Wisconsin prairie. “We are superheroes” was our theme in 2015-16. We celebrated with an all school picture, each child received a superhero t-shirt for spirit days, created an art installation for our lobby, had fun dress up days, and more…It was great fun!
Our school goal focused on improving our students’ growth in reading and to help meet those needs we were excited to share a new learning opportunity with our 5K - 4th grade students at Meadow View. As part of our continuous efforts to meet the needs of all learners, we launched PIE time. PIE is short for Practice, Intervention, and Enrichment. We know children learn differently and at different rates. As a result, we designed PIE to increase the amount of time our learners were engaged in individualized instruction. We are fortunate at Meadow View to have a talented and skilled staff beyond our grade level classroom teachers. Students had opportunities to work with other teachers or support staff such as the reading specialists, math and literacy intervention teachers, learning resource teachers, and paraprofessionals during PIE time. As a result of these and other efforts, our students continued to show strong positive growth as measured by both district measures and standardized testing.
We are also proud to have been named a PBIS School of Merit by the Wisconsin RtI Center. PBIS is a system-wide proactive framework that enables schools to be more effective and responsive to student social-emotional needs by implementing a multi-level system of support for behavior. We were one of 222 schools statewide to be recognized as a School of Merit for the 2015-16 school year.
Meadow View continued to build strong partnerships within the building and community. Our PTO was very involved once again this year. They also hosted a school dance, provided funds to diffuse field trip costs, hosted a Fall and Spring Scholastic Book Fair, and other activities that gave our students, staff, and parents the opportunity to gather.
We are excited to continue to provide a high quality educational experience for our students and families!
From the principal’s perspective:
Things I have seen…
While in classrooms over the past year I have seen….
- Students excited about reading, writing, and math.
- Teachers collaborating on lessons and activities.
- Students in music class practicing for our Veteran’s Day observance.
- Parent volunteers helping in the room.
- Tumbling activities in gym class.
- 4th grade students learning about Wisconsin history.
- 3rd grade enrichment group working on Algebra during PIE time (practice, intervention, enrichment).
- 2nd graders being introduced to fractions in math.
- 1st grade students engaged in buddy reading during reader’s workshop.
- 5K students reading their “star” books.
- 4K boys and girls enjoying a read aloud followed by letter identification and letter sound activities.
- Great artwork on display from art class.
- Students enjoying extra-curricular clubs like Spanish, Student Council, and Lego Robotics.
- Varsity football players volunteering in classrooms reading with our students.