Use the following checklist to stay on top of tasks and deadlines!
1. Obtain online application
- Public UW system
- Technical School system
- Wisconsin Private schools
- Common Application
- Apply on individual school website
- UW system schools accept applications starting September 15. Private schools differ.
- Goal is to apply no later than December 1st.
- Draft your applicant statement/essay.
- Have a teacher/counselor proofread for grammar and content.
- Be aware of varying college admission deadlines! Information is located on their admissions webpage.
- Submit application!
2. Request an official transcript
3. Request official ACT score
Click here for ACT prep opportunities
4. Try to have 1-2 letters of recommendation
5. Track your Application
- Create an account with your school to keep informed of status
6. Pay for college!