School Culture & Expectations
PBIS - Positive Behavioral Intervention and Supports
PBIS is a proactive approach to establishing the behavioral supports and social culture needed for all students in a school to achieve social, emotional and academic success. At Ixonia, (a PBIS School of distinction) our expectations are: Be Respectful, Be Responsible, and Be Safe.
We model and teach our expectations school-wide on a consistent basis based on data collection.
PBIS includes proactive school-wide discipline systems to create environments in which:
- Learning and teaching are valued and aggressive, unsafe behaviors are discouraged.
- Respect, responsibility, cooperation, and other highly valued character traits are taught and encouraged.
- Individual differences are valued rather than criticized.
- Educating students with disabilities can be supported more effectively and efficiently.
- Teaching fundamental skills like reading and math can be maximized.
Useful PBIS Links