The primary responsibilities of the Business Office include accounting and financial reporting, facilities, insurance and risk management, payroll, audit and budget, and financial planning, among others. Several information resources and contacts are posted at the bottom of this page. If you cannot locate the information you seek, please contact my office for assistance.
We sincerely appreciate the financial effort extended by our community to support the District. We attempt to demonstrate our appreciation each day by working diligently to develop great schools and great students while using resources wisely.
Director of Business Services
Main Fax: 262-560-2103
Main Fax: 262-560-2103
Accounts Payable Specialist/Accounting Analyst
(Teacher, Sub Teacher, Administrators)
Benefits and Wellness Specialist
Business Office/Payroll Administrative Asst.
Denise Koch (Paraprofessionals, Custodians, Admin Assistants, Extracurricular)
January 24, 2020
Deadline for Completed Sealed Proposals:
March 4, 2020
2019-20 Budget and Tax Levy Update
General Fund expenditures must conform to available revenues to produce a balanced operating budget. The proposed budget is balanced, while incorporating key initiatives, through careful control of costs and strategic allocation of limited resources. This budget supports the instructional mission of the OASD as demonstrated by sustaining these key initiatives:
- Achieving and maintaining low class sizes at the primary grade levels and math and language arts at the high school level.
- Implementing automotive programming at OHS.
- Reducing traveling teacher assignments.
- Adding student services support through social worker and school counselor time.
- Implementing expanded intervention services at the intermediate grade levels.
- Supporting the reduction of OHS teacher overload assignments.
- Continued funding for capital projects, the technology plan, and the curriculum adoption cycle.
- Ensuring competitive compensation and benefit packages for staff.
2019-2020 Board Budget Presentation (PDF)
Financial Audit Report
Moody's Financial Bond Rating
Moody’s Investors Service has assigned an Aa2 rating to Oconomowoc Area School District,
WI’s $19.9 million General Obligation School Building and Improvement Bonds, Series 2018. Concurrently,
Moody’s maintains the Aa2 rating on the district’s outstanding general obligation unlimited
tax (GOULT) debt. Post-sale, the district will have $93.6 million of GOULT debt outstanding.
The Aa2 rating reflects the district’s sizeable tax base supported by above average income
levels and located within commuting distance of Milwaukee (Aa3 stable). The rating also
reflects the district's solid financial position, as well as its modest exposure to unfunded pension liabilities, and above average debt burden following issuance of voter approved debt.
The full report is available upon request. Please contact the OASD Business Office.