Academic & Career Planning
course request process for the next school year
The scheduling process is an exciting part of defining your high school experience. At OHS, we offer more than 200 classes that can help you explore topics of interest, several programs that may help you learn more about potential career-focused learning opportunities, and hands-on experiences that allow you to apply your interest in real-world settings. Our teachers and support staff are incredibly proud of the opportunities that exist at OHS, and we look forward to helping you identify the best classes to help you achieve your goals!
THE OHS ACADEMIC & CAREER PLANNING GUIDE
The Academic and Career Planning Guide allows you to easily access each department’s course offerings and descriptions. Please take some time to review the document and course descriptions as you prepare to make your course requests for next year. The guide will provide the following information:
- Course descriptions
- Career clusters and pathways of study
- Graduation requirements
- Grading and credit information
- Exceptional learning opportunities
- Scheduling timeline
- Course request sheets
- Student Services information
Click this link to access the 2022-23 OHS Academic & Career Planning Guide - Coming Soon!
Need Help Navigating the Planning Guide? Click here for a link to the Live Binder tutorial video.
OHS Incoming Freshmen Information
There are so many ways to learn more about Oconomowoc High School and start your journey as a Raccoon. Join us at these upcoming events!
OHS Raccoon Discovery Night
FOR 8TH-GRADE FAMILIES & STUDENTS WHO DON'T CURRENTLY ATTEND THE OASD
Oconomowoc High School is hosting Raccoon Discovery Night for 8th-grade families and students who live in the Oconomowoc Area School District and attend parochial or private schools or who are currently enrolled in another school but want to learn more about OHS.
Monday, November 15, 2021
Oconomowoc High School Raccoon Exploration Center
The evening is geared toward families who are considering a transition to OHS for 9th-grade or who would like more information before making that decision. Students and Parents will learn more about:
- Our career, college, and life readiness vision
- How we live our core values of being grounded, committed, and accountable
- Co-curricular, performing arts, and athletic opportunities
You’ll also get to meet our staff, hear about the OHS experience from current students, and visit our unique learning spaces.
You're also invited to join our Raccoon Ready Freshman Information Night and Open House in January 2022.
Raccoon Discovery Days
December 7, 9, 14, 15, or 16, 2021
Current 8th-graders who live in the Oconomowoc Area School District boundaries, but are currently enrolled in another district or attend a parochial or private school, are invited to spend a morning on campus! Please consider joining us for one of our Raccoon Discovery Days on December 7, 9, 14, 15, or 16, 2021. The day is designed to help you get a feel for our academic and social culture. During your visit, you will get the chance to shadow one of our current freshmen and experience a day in the life of a Raccoon. You will get to attend classes in the morning and then join us for lunch! Our schedule for the day is:
- 7:00-7:20 a.m. Welcome and Icebreaker at Main Campus
- 7:20-8:45 a.m. Attend Hour 1-2/Block A class
- 8:55-9:30 a.m. Participate in offerings during our flexible period (Pride Period)
- 9:35-11:00 a.m. Attend Hour 3-4/Block B class
- 11:00-11:45 a.m. Lunch provided at East Campus
- 11:45 a.m. Family pick up at East Campus
Our team will confirm your registration the week of November 30. If you have any questions, please contact school counselor, Susan Verhagen at VerhagS@oasd.org or our principal, Jason Curtis at CurtisJ@oasd.org.
OHS Freshmen Information Night
Current 8th-grade families and students are invited to the OHS Raccoon Ready Freshmen Information Night! This year's event will include a virtual Pep Rally and in-person open house opportunity on two separate dates:
Sunday, January 9, 2022
Virtual Pep Rally
>> Click here for the live stream link
At Oconomowoc High School, we are grounded, committed, and accountable. Check out the virtual pep rally to hear how our OHS students are living our values.
Wednesday, January 12, 2022
OHS Gale Douglas Field House
** Registration Link Coming Soon!
The evening is designed for parents and students to start their journey as Oconomowoc High School Raccoons. The night will include:
- Meet with OHS faculty to talk about courses, ask questions, and get recommendations
- An introduction to school culture and expectations
- A review of the OHS Program Planning Guide and scheduling courses
- An introduction to the clubs and extracurricular opportunities available to OHS Raccoons during their high school journey
- Further explore athletic opportunities at OHS
- Walk around campus for the first time