Welcome to a new school year!
The OASD school board approved a new 5-year strategic plan this summer. A main goal is for all OASD schools to significantly exceed expectations on the Wisconsin School Report Card by 2024. To achieve this outcome, improved performance on the Wisconsin Student Assessment System (Forward Exam, ACT Aspire, ACT) and supporting standardized assessments is required.
Several strategic adjustments were made to the District’s 2019-20 Student Assessment Schedule to facilitate our work. Some notable changes include
1. Eliminating MAP testing at grade 10
2. Designating spring MAP testing optional at grades 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
3. Administering a fall ACT practice test at grade 11
4. Piloting ACT Tessera, a measure of social emotional learning, at grades 6, 8, 9, and 11
5. Utilizing FAST earlyReading as the required literacy screener at 4K, 5K, and grade 1
Overall, the 2019-20 Assessment Schedule reduces the amount of me spent on discretionary testing while permitting staff and students to focus on strategic priorities.
Please reach out to your child’s school with any assessment questions.