Oconomowoc High School Athletic Hall of Fame
In 2019, we launched the Oconomowoc High School (OHS) Athletic Hall of Fame to recognize and honor the outstanding achievements of individual athletes, coaches, and friends of the OHS Athletic Program. These individuals have contributed to the success, tradition, integrity, development, and promotion of Oconomowoc High School Athletics. We have established an OHS Athletic Hall of Fame committee that will manage the nomination, selection, and induction process. The committee is comprised of community members, OHS Athletic Department staff, OHS parents, and Oconomowoc Area School District staff.
Save the Date!
2020 OHS Athletic Hall of Fame Banquet
Saturday, May 2, 2020
Oconomowoc Community Center
Reception & Appetizers: 5:00-6:00 p.m.
Dinner: 6:00-7:00 p.m.
Ceremony: 7:00-8:00 p.m.
Social Hour: 8:00-9:00 p.m.
The 2019 Inaugural Class of the Oconomowoc High School Athletic Hall of Fame:
- Arno Kirchenwitz
- John Kleinschmidt
- Virgil Licht
- Gale Douglas
- Bill Martin
- Ed Rux
- Alex Marlis
- Pat Neary
- Steve Wagner
- JT Bruett
- Jamie Fraundorf
- Mike Griswold
- Aubrey Samson
- Duane Hoffmann
- John (Jack) Marks
- Suellyn Schellpeper
Our OHS Athletic Hall of Fame committee members are:
- Kevin Flegner, current Oconomowoc High School Athletic Director and Associate Principal
- Jamie Fraundorf, OHS Alumni Athlete, Class of 1995
- John Griswold, Oconomowoc High School Alumni Athlete, Class of 1983
- Mark Hutchinson, Oconomowoc Enterprise Sports Editor
- Arno Kirchenwitz, current Oconomowoc High School Coach, Alumni Athlete, Class of 1974
- Jim O'Leary, former Oconomowoc High School Athletic Director, Coach, and Teacher
- Scott Raduka, former Oconomowoc High School Athletic Director, Associate Principal, and Teacher
- Carrie Vande Zande, OHS Alumni Athlete, Class of 1986
You're invited to the 2nd Annual Oconomowoc High School Athletic Hall of Fame Banquet!
|Saturday, May 2, 2020|
|Oconomowoc Community Center|
|Reception & Appetizers: 5:00-6:00 p.m.|
|Dinner: 6:00-7:00 p.m..|
|Ceremony: 7:00-8:00 p.m.|
|Social Hour: 8:00-9:30 p.m.|
Tickets will be available for purchase online closer to the event!
Tickets for the banquet may be purchased and each which will include appetizers, a buffet dinner, and dessert, along with the induction ceremony program. A cash bar will also be available.
The Athletic Hall of Fame Committee will select the 2019 inaugural induction class based on school records and historical athletics data. The committee is now accepting applications for the 2020 Athletic Hall of Fame, in three categories:
- Student Athlete – nominees are eligible for consideration 10 years after their participation in Oconomowoc High School athletics; however the committee will consider special circumstances.
- Coaches/Administrators – coaches and/or athletic administrators of Oconomowoc High School who meet the requirements are eligible for consideration at any time.
- Special Category – individuals who are not students, coaches, or administrators, but have shown devotion to and helped support or bring recognition to, the athletic program.
To nominate someone, please complete and submit one of these forms by September 13, 2019:
Please email completed forms to LoppnowB@oasd.org or mail to Oconomowoc High School, attn: Athletic Department, Beth Loppnow, 641 E. Forest Street, Oconomowoc, WI 53066.
The Hall of Fame committee will review nomination applications and inform recipients based on the following timeline:
- Friday, September 13, 2019 - Nomination applications due for the 2020 Induction Ceremony
- September-December 2019 - Hall of Fame Committee reviews nominations
- January 2020 - Recipients notified of their induction into the OHS Athletic Hall of Fame
- January-March 2020 - Sponsorship opportunities available and tickets for the 2020 Induction Ceremony for sale
- Saturday, May 2, 2020 - Induction Ceremony at the Oconomowoc Community Center
Please consider nominating a student-athlete, coach, or community member today. We’re looking forward to honoring our inaugural induction class in a ceremony on Friday, May 10, 2019, at the Oconomowoc Community Center.
There are several sponsorship and advertisement opportunities available within the Hall of Fame banquet program, inductee plaques, and at the banquet. You can showcase your business to our guests, show your support of OHS Athletics, and help ensure the continued success of this event and our program. All program advertising, plaque sponsorship, and table sponsorship will be offered on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Banquet Program Advertising
|Ad Size||Cost||Ad Dimensions|
|Full-page, Back Cover||$300||4.5" x 6.5"|
|Full-page, Inside Front Cover||$200||4.5" x 6.5"|
|Full-page, Inside Back Cover||$200||4.5" x 6.5"|
|Full-page||$150||4.5" x 6.5"|
|Half-page||$100||4.5" x 3.375"|
- All ads will be four-color, anticipated 7x5 program. Submit ad files in high-resolution (300 dpi) JPEG or PDF formats to OASD Marketing and Communications Manager, Jenni Holland, at HollandJ@oasd.org.
- Deadline for Banquet Program Advertising reservations and ad creative will be in March 2020 - specific date coming soon!
Inductee Plaque Advertising - $300
Each Hall of Fame Inductee will receive an engraved plaque honoring their induction. Plaques may be sponsored by a business, organization, family, or individual. As a plaque sponsor, you will receive:
- Logo or name placement at the bottom of the plaque
- Logo or name placement within the Hall of Fame digital display inside OHS
- Logo or name inclusion on the Plaque Sponsorship page within the Banquet Program
- Deadline for Inductee Plaque Advertising will be in April 2020 - specific date coming soon!
Banquet Table Sponsorship - $500
Businesses, families, or individuals may purchase a table sponsorship for the OHS Athletic Hall of Fame banquet. Table sponsors will receive:
- Seating for eight people at your sponsored table at the Hall of Fame banquet.
- Logo or name inclusion on the Table Sponsorship page within the Banquet Program.
- Table sponsorships will be sold on a first-come-first-serve basis and can be purchased until April 2020. However, table sponsors will only be included in the Banquet Program if purchased by March 2020 - specific date coming soon!
Athletic Hall of Fame or Athletic Capital Project Donation
If you would prefer to make a donation directly to the Athletic Hall of Fame or OHS Athletic Department Capital Projects, please contact the OHS Athletic Department.
Make checks payable to Oconomowoc Area School District and send to Oconomowoc High School, Attn: Athletic Department, Beth Loppnow, 641 East Forest Street, Oconomowoc, WI 53066. Any questions, please contact Beth Loppnow at LoppnowB@oasd.org.