At an OASD School Board Special Meeting Wednesday, September 23, the School Board held a discussion and voted to bring all intermediate and high school students back to school face-to-face for full school days, 5-days a week, beginning on Monday, September 28. The OASD will reopen enrollment into the Ocon Virtual Learning Community (OVLC) for students who are currently in the purple/gold split attendance model and who wish to attend the OVLC instead. Students who would like to transition to the OVLC will also be able to begin on Monday, September 28.
Students and staff members who are currently in quarantine should continue to follow their predetermined quarantine schedule. With the switch to full-time face-to-face learning, students and staff should return to school on their first learning day after a quarantine period.
Intermediate and high school families should look for an email from school principals with additional information about the full student body returning to school face-to-face. Elementary students will continue to follow their current schedule.
Please note that Friday, October 2, 2020, is a no school day for students and professional development day for staff based on the original 2020-21 school year calendar.
Absence Reporting Information for 2020-21
This school year, it’s more important than ever to keep children home if they’re sick and accurately notify your child’s school of the absence. There are two ways that families can report a student’s absence to school, either by calling the school attendance line or using the Skyward Family Access system.
REPORTING ILLNESS THROUGH THE ATTENDANCE PHONE LINE
For families who prefer to call the school attendance line to report an absence or illness, please remember to leave the following information:
- Parent/guardian name and phone number
- Student name
- Reason for absence
- If the student is ill, please explain all of their symptoms
- If the student has been exposed to COVID-19, please give information on that exposure
- If the student has tested positive for COVID-19, please confirm the date of the test result
OASD School Attendance Phone Numbers:
- Greenland Elementary Attendance Line: (262)-560-8102
- Ixonia Elementary Attendance Line: (262)-560-8402
- Meadow View Elementary Attendance Line: (262)-560-8002
- Park Lawn Elementary Attendance Line: (262)-560-8202
- Summit Elementary Attendance Line: (262)-560-8302
- Nature Hill Intermediate Attendance Line: (262)-569-4942
- Silver Lake Intermediate Attendance Line: (262)-560-4302
- Oconomowoc High Attendance Line: (262)-560-3102
REPORTING ILLNESS THROUGH SKYWARD FAMILY ACCESS
Families can also report a child’s absence through the online Family Access system. Please use these step-by-step instructions to record the absence in Skyward. If the District Health Team or School Administration have questions about your child’s absence of illness, you will receive a phone call to request more information. Please use these links for additional information: