The OASD has decided to switch to the hybrid purple/gold learning model for both Intermediate Schools and Oconomowoc High School from Monday, November 30, through Friday, December, 18.
This short-term learning model change is intended to reduce the number of student and staff quarantines and COVID-19 cases we are experiencing in our schools due to home or community contact. The continued increase in staff quarantines has required teachers to teach remotely while the District provides a substitute teacher or qualified supervisor for the students learning at school. The variability of these absences is making it very difficult to find substitute teachers and qualified supervisors for students who are learning at school, sometimes resulting in entire classes or grade-levels being sent to virtual learning.
In mid-December, we will evaluate the learning models, quarantine information, and COVID-19 cases among staff and students, to make a determination on our return to school after the winter holiday break. The District will share additional information with families before the OASD winter break which starts on December 19.
Intermediate & High School Student Schedules for November 30-January 3:
- November 30-December 18: Learning in the hybrid purple/gold model
- December 19-January 3: All OASD students and staff off school for winter break
Use These Links For Additional Information:
- Nature Hill Intermediate Hybrid Purple/Gold Schedule Information
- Silver Lake Intermediate Hybrid Purple/Gold Schedule Information
- OHS Hybrid Purple Student Schedule Information
- OHS Hybrid Gold Student Schedule Information
>> Click here for additional information on student food service, mental health support, technology help, and health guidelines during this hybrid learning period.
Absence Reporting Information & Illness Guidelines for 2020-21
This school year, it’s more important than ever to keep children home if they’re sick and accurately notify your child’s school of the absence. There are two ways that families can report a student’s absence to school, either by calling the school attendance line or using the Skyward Family Access system. If your child is sick and you need help understanding what to do next, please read the information below.
If Your Child Is Ill, These Guidelines Can Help You Decide What to Do Next
We strongly encourage you to monitor your child’s health continually. It’s important to be mindful of any illness symptoms that your child may have before sending them to school. Please keep your child home if they are ill.
- If you need information on how to contact your school attendance line, please read more about those options below.
- If you need help understanding when your child should return to school, these documents and video can help.
OASD Health Services Parent Video: Illness at School & Isolation Practices
REPORTING ILLNESS THROUGH THE ATTENDANCE PHONE LINE
For families who prefer to call the school attendance line to report an absence or illness, please remember to leave the following information:
- Parent/guardian name and phone number
- Student name
- Reason for absence
- If the student is ill, please explain all of their symptoms
- If the student has been exposed to COVID-19, please give information on that exposure
- If the student has tested positive for COVID-19, please confirm the date of the test result
OASD School Attendance Phone Numbers:
- Greenland Elementary Attendance Line: (262)-560-8102
- Ixonia Elementary Attendance Line: (262)-560-8402
- Meadow View Elementary Attendance Line: (262)-560-8002
- Park Lawn Elementary Attendance Line: (262)-560-8202
- Summit Elementary Attendance Line: (262)-560-8302
- Nature Hill Intermediate Attendance Line: (262)-569-4942
- Silver Lake Intermediate Attendance Line: (262)-560-4302
- Oconomowoc High Attendance Line: (262)-560-3102
REPORTING ILLNESS THROUGH SKYWARD FAMILY ACCESS
Families can also report a child’s absence through the online Family Access system. Please use these step-by-step instructions to record the absence in Skyward. If the District Health Team or School Administration have questions about your child’s absence of illness, you will receive a phone call to request more information. Please use these links for additional information: