Interim Superintendent Search
The Oconomowoc Area School District Board of Education is working with the Wisconsin Association of School Boards (WASB) to search for an interim Superintendent. To begin the Superintendent search process, the School Board and WASB will host several focus groups with OASD families, community members, OASD staff members, principals, administrators, and the School Board group. These conversations will inform the position description and ideal qualities the OASD is looking for in an interim Superintendent.
OASD Parent & Community Member Focus Group
The School Board and WASB would like to invite families and community members to participate in a small focus group discussion designed to help identify the leadership qualities needed in an interim Superintendent. Currently, the School Board and WASB will be hosting one focus group session and inviting a maximum of 15 people to participate in the one-hour discussion hosted via Zoom. The group size is limited to 15 people so that the moderator can reasonably manage a productive conversation through a digital platform. Please understand that if a large number of people volunteer to participate, we will randomly select 15 participants and notify those people directly.
Parent and Community Member Focus Group:
- Thursday, April 8, 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Virtual event hosted via Zoom
- Participants will receive their Zoom link before the event date.
- Please use this form to sign-up for the focus group session
OASD staff members, principals, and administrators will have opportunities to participate in focus group sessions as well and should refer to the information provided by email from the District.
Interim Superintendent Search Timeline
The School Board and WASB are using the following timeline in the search for an interim Superintendent:
- March 2021 - Initial vacancy posted
- April 7-9, 2021 - Focus Groups
- April 9-29, 2021 - Additional information added to the vacancy posting and applications accepted
- May 2021 - Applications accepted, reviewed, and interviews held
- The goal is to make a final interim Superintendent selection towards the end of the current school year.