Awards & Recognitions
CLICK ON THE LINKS TO JUMP TO THE SECTION
Silver Lake Intermediate School Recognized as a Bronze Level School in Reading
We're proud to share that Silver Lake Intermediate School has earned bronze-level recognition in reading from the Wisconsin Response to Intervention Center (RtI) and the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction (DPI). Silver Lake received this recognition through their hard work to implement a school-wide, multi-level system of supports for students; aimed at closing achievement gaps and helping improve student outcomes.
The Wisconsin Rtl Center’s Recognized Schools program encourages schools to expand, refine, and sustain the implementation of an equitable, multi-level system of supports for students. These supports are personalized for students and can include academic, developmental, behavioral, and social-emotional supports. In the OASD, it means that our schools and staff are focused on continually monitoring, refining, and improving the success of each student using the tools that work best for that student; with the final goal of helping students prepare for their pathway after graduation.
The Wisconsin RtI Center focuses on three content areas for the Recognized Schools Program: Behavior, Mathematics, and Reading. Schools receive recognition at four different levels, and that recognition is determined based on three tiers that offer deeper challenge and implementation requirements until schools reach the top tier and recognition level.
RECOGNIZED SCHOOLS PROGRAM – RECOGNITION LEVELS
- Bronze: At full implementation/fidelity in one content area at the universal level (tier 1) for at least one year.
- Silver: At full implementation/fidelity in one content area at the universal level (tier 1) for at least two years and at selected (tier 2) level for at least one year.
- Gold: At full implementation/fidelity in two content areas at the universal (tier 1) and selected (tier 2) levels for at least two years.
- Platinum: At full implementation/fidelity in all three content areas, at all three levels (universal, selected, and intensive), and for at least three years.
RECOGNIZED SCHOOLS PROGRAM – TIERS
- Tier 1: At the universal level of support, tier 1, schools provide high quality instruction, collaboration, and the strategic use of data for all students in the school.
- Tier 2: At the selected level, tier 2, schools provide supports for students whose developmental, academic, behavioral, social, or emotional needs extend just beyond the reach of the universal, or tier 1, level. This level is intended for short-term intervention targeting the specific skill needs of students so the universal level of support can meet their educational needs.
- Tier 3: At the intensive level, tier 3, schools provide supports for students whose needs extend well beyond the reach of the universal, or tier 1, level.
Silver Lake Intermediate Exceeds Expectations on 2020-2021 State Report Cards
The Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction (DPI) released its new State Report Cards in November 2021. This is the first release of the State Report Cards since the 2018-19 school year because of the suspension of state testing and subsequent data reporting during the pandemic.
The Oconomowoc Area School District (OASD) has increased ratings on the State Report card every year for the last five years and continued that success in the 2020-2021 school year. This yearly increase keeps us on track to accomplish our strategic plan objective of reaching the Significantly Exceeds Expectations, 5-star ranking, on the State Report Cards by 2024.
OASD State Report Card Highlights:
- Silver Lake Intermediate has maintained an Exceeds Expectations ranking since the 2016-17 school year.
- OASD Intermediate Schools both achieved 4-star status and Exceeds Expectations.
- OASD Exceeded Expectations (4-stars) and improved its Overall Accountability Score for the third consecutive report card.
- Oconomowoc High School (OHS) achieved 5-star status and Significantly Exceeds Expectations.
- All OASD schools achieved 4-star or 5-star ranking.
- OASD is one of only two 4K-12 districts (Oconomowoc and Pewaukee) in Waukesha County to increase their report card ranking each year since 2017-18.
- OASD is one of only four 4K-12 districts (Oconomowoc, Kettle Moraine, Muskego, and Pewaukee) in Waukesha County that experienced an increase in ranking from 2018-19 to 2020-21. All other Waukesha County 4K-12 districts saw a decrease within that time.
The continuous success of the Oconomowoc Area School District is a testament to our families, students, and staff, that the pathway to success outlined in our 2019-2024 Strategic Plan is moving our district and schools towards our goal of becoming an unrivaled learning community.
“These school report cards, while only one measure of the great things happening in the OASD, demonstrate our resilience and perseverance to succeed and our commitment to provide the best academic achievement opportunities and outcomes for our community's children. I am very proud of the hard work all of our students and staff have done and continue to do,” said OASD Superintendent, Kristen Taylor.